This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to operate excavator operations to lift carry and place materials.
This unit applies to those working in site based roles.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Statement of Attainment that is a nationally recognised competency for the unit RIIMPO320F issued by Pipeline Training Australia (RTO91431).
Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health & Safety requirement)
Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health & Safety requirement)
Provide two forms of identification
Elements & Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for excavator operations
2. Operate excavator in line with established requirements
3. Lift, carry and place materials to complete work activity
4. Select, remove, fit and use attachments for a excavator
5. Prepare to relocate the excavator
6. Conduct housekeeping activities
This course has no entry requirements.