This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you require to provide first aid in an Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) Environment.
It includes the recognition and provision of an initial response where first aid is required in emergency situations by providing essential first aid using basic life support measures according to established workplace first aid policies and procedures.
Pre-requisites & Course Requirements:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Photo ID must be presented ie drivers licence or passport
- Basic English language and literacy skills
- All participants are required to wear full PPE
Upon satisfactory completion of this course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the competency UETTDRRF10 - Apply ESI safety rules codes of practice and procedures for work on or near electrical apparatus, issued by Pipeline Training Australia (RTO 91431).
All participants are required to wear full PPE to their course.
Elements & Performance Criteria
1. Prepare to provide first aid in an ESI environment
2. Carry out the provision of first aid in an ESI environment
3. Complete provision of first aid in an ESI environment
Granting of competency in this unit shall be made only after competency in the following unit(s) has/have been confirmed.
Where pre-requisite pathways have been identified. All competencies in the Common Unit Group must be have been completed.
Common Unit Group
HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation