This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to rescue a person in contact with low voltage live electrical conductors and equipment
It covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place.
Training specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Pre-requisites & Course Requirements:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Photo ID must be presented ie current drivers licence or passport
- Basic English and literacy skills
- All participants are required to wear full PPE
All participants are required to wear full PPE to their course
Elements & Performance Criteria
1. Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
2. Carry out rescue from live LV panel
3. Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
Students must satisfactorily complete a language, numeracy and literacy assessment prior to or on course commencement to assess capacity to meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirementsof the course.
Students will also need to have the physical capacity to undertake the practical components of this course.