This course covers roller operations in the civil construction industry and will look at:
- Planning and preparing for operations
- Routine checks
- Using attachments
- Operating the roller
- Maintaining the roller
Pre-requisites & Course Requirements:
- Log Book with 80-100 hours recorded and a Third Party Evidence Report
- or a previous Statement of Attainment
- Photo ID must be presented ie current driving licence or passport
- Basic English language and literacy skills
- Minimun 18 years of age (Workplace Health & Safety Requirements)
- All participants are required to wear full PPE
Upon satisfactory completion of this course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the competency RIIMPO317D Conduct Roller Operations issued by Pipeline Training Australia (RTO 91341).
All participants are required to wear full PPE to their course.
It is essential that students speak fluently and understand English.
As this is an EXPERIENCED OPERATOR course students are required to supply one of the following BEFORE training commences:
- Completed student log book with between 80-100 hours of machine use recorded(please contact our office if you require one)
- Evidence letter from your employer verifing the student's past experience and noting specific occasisons when machine was in use.
Elements & Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare roller operations
2. Operate roller in line with established requirements to complete work activity
3. Prepare to relocate the roller
4. Conduct housekeeping activities