Identify, Locate And Protect Underground Services - RIICCM202DThis course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills about current legislation and their basic duty of care for locating underground services, prior to the commencement of any excavation works. Management of risks arising from presence of above-ground, overhead, and underground services in vicinity of workplaces and in particular the use of safe working procedures (SWMS). Procedures, controls and emergency response requirements for those hazards present at the site, determined through risk assessment, are to be reinforced throughout the training sessions.
This course supports the attainment of skills and knowledge required to identify, locate and protect underground services in Civil Construction.
Our main aim is to educate staff on current legislation and their basic duty of care for locating underground services, prior to the commencement of any excavation works.
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to identify utilities and services prior to commencement of any excavation work.
- Plan and prepare for work by assessing and interpreting work documentation
- Identify, obtain and implement traffic signage requirements
- Contact owners of services/utilities and confirm plans
- Select and check for faults
- Identifying and reporting on hazards
- Obtaining dials
- Identifying types of services/utilities and providers
- Application of SWMS
- Use visual or physical means to search for services prior to commencing construction
- Report any damage to services/utilities
- Carrying out maintenance, recording and reporting according to organisational procedures.
Next Course is on:
11 June 2019
NSW & QLD Learning Centre
Upon satisfactory completion of assessment participants will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency RIICCM202D - Identify, locate and Protect Underground Services.
This competency can form part of a full qualification from the National Water Training Package or the Resources & Infrastructure Industry Training Package.
All PPE Requirements and training specifics will be outlined in an email to the participant upon booking confirmation.
The language, literary and numeracy requirements for this course ranges from AQF levels 2-4.
Sign up for the latest industry, community and course news...
Pipeline Training Australia works with Industry, Companies and Individuals Australia wide to support their training needs.
02 9679 0066
07 3806 0999
© Copyright Pipeline Training Australia RTO #91431