This Competency Standard Unit covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place.
Training specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Units of Competency
To receive this unit of competency you must complete:
- UETTDRRF06B - Perform rescue from a live LV panel, and
- HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
The learning outcomes comprises of:
Prepare to work safely by following instructions, procedures and WHS processes
- Understand the basic electrical principles of a circuit
- Identify voltage levels in the power system
- Identification of power line hazards and control measures
- Effects of electric shock and the prevention of electric shock
- Safe working zones and distances.
- Exclusion zones
- Rescue procedures
- Outline the procedure following an electrical accident
- Outline the basic requirements of relevant legislation
- ESI First Aid
1/2 day (4 hours)
Elements & Performance Criteria
1. Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
2. Carry out rescue from live LV panel
3. Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
Students must satisfactorily complete a language,
numeracy and literacy assessment prior to or on course commencement to
assess capacity to meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirements
of the course.
Students will also need to have the physical capacity to undertake the practical components of this course.