Control Electrical Risk on Metallic Pipes - NWPNET003This course supports the attainment of skills and knowledge required to work safely on metallic water pipes.
This course describes the skills required to assess metallic pipes for electricity and comprises the following learning outcomes:
- Plan and prepare for work safely
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- Select and use safety equipment
- Behaviour and danger of electricity
- Use electrical testing device to check for presence of electricity on metallic pipes
- Identify clean attachments points
- Water Main electrical protection
- Main to Meter electrical protection
- Safe work practices
- Finalise work
The practical component of the course covers rescue procedures and the pipe repair/meter replacement on a simulated water service by:
- Step by step application of a Plumbers Volt Meter
This unit applies to those working as field and operational staff with responsibility for the control measures of high risk electrical hazards.
Those undertaking this unit would work independently under indirect supervision while performing routine tasks with a moderate level of complexity in a familiar context.
Next Course is on:
21 June 2019
NSW Learning Centre
4/322 Annangrove Road Rouse Hill NSW 2155
02 9679 0066
1 day (6 hours).